Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Mindset of Abundance Instead of Restriction

When you are changing your diet, whether it is because you are faced with fighting your way back to health or because you are wanting a higher state of vibrancy and vitality in your life it is easy to begin looking at what you can't have instead of what you can.
 
If I could change one thing years ago when I became gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, dye, chemical and preservative free it would be to look at the abundance of what I could have instead of all of a sudden focusing on the items that were taken out of my diet. 
 
I would look at the thousands of fruits that not only had I never tried but I had never even heard of!  I would immediately begin cultivating my taste buds to enjoy the taste of beautiful vegetables instead of trying to replace the foods that I had spent my life loving with imitation recipe combinations (that never, ever lived up to my hopeful expectations). 
 
A diet change can give you life at a level that you have never experienced.  Especially if you have food intolerance's, you don't even realize some of the symptoms that you are living with and as those begin to fall away you will discover who you really are - mentally, emotionally and physically. 
 
 

When you are faced with changing your diet it is a time to create new habits.  Find new loves.  Don't look back.  Keep moving forward and make new friends with food.  I know it is hard at first but I promise, with time you won't even miss some of the things that your body is calling out for now.

Try to cultivate a mindset of abundance.  Break out of the 20 or so foods that you eat over and over and over again that don't provide you with the results health wise that you want and begin to explore a world that is waiting for you full of amazing new and sometimes exotic tastes, textures and smells. 

You are worth the effort!

I love you all!



0 comments:

Post a Comment