Monday, December 3, 2012

Candida Bustin' Garlic Tea

Candida is a yeast overgrowth in the body that can be tough to overcome.  I dealt with candida overgrowth for years while I was recovering from a lifetime of illness.  I want to share with you today a recipe that I have used for a garlic tea.

Research has shown that garlic is effective against a wide range of fungi, yeast, and bacteria with some anti-viral and anti-parasitic properties as well.  I personally have used garlic in my diet for years with very good results. 

I understand that garlic certainly isn't for everyone and I am not going to even try to play it off like it is yummy in a tea, but sometimes pain can be a powerful motivator and we will try anything to regain our health, and it was certainly a piece of the puzzle that I used to help fight my way back to health and vitality.

Candida Busting Garlic Tea

To make the garlic tea you will need:
  • 4 cups water
  • 4 medium cloves of garlic, crushed
  • juice of one freshly squeezed lemon
  • ginger root, grated (optional)
Bring the water to a boil and then remove from heat.  Add the lemon, garlic cloves and ginger (optional) to the water and allow this to steep for 25 minutes.  Strain the garlic cloves from the water. 

Your goal is to drink the 4 full cups of garlic tea per day.  In the beginning, though, I had to start with much less and work my way up.  You may find that to be the case for yourself as well.

Another option is to add the tea to freshly made savory tomato juice or carrot/celery juice.  Basically you can add the garlic to anything that helps it be a little more palatable to you, because I am warning you that this tea is strong! :)

Enjoy! lol



1 comments:

Maria said...

I loved this post! I am a tea lover and I've used garlic in my cooking for years and loved it, but only recently have I used it to brew tea and it was totally worth it!

Garlic tea comes in great aid to treat not only urinary infection but also digestive problems and cold symptoms.

http://www.therighttea.com/garlic-tea.html

Now, every time I feel a cold coming I brew a few cups of garlic tea and it really helps!

Keep posting!

Post a Comment